As another school year begins, parents cannot just “hand off” the education of their children to schools and teachers.
So says professional counselor Christopher Anderson, who offers practical advice on “Real Answers“, the Family Life news feature which addresses big issues facing Christians and Christian families.Anderson emphasizes that parents are their children’s primary educator, especially on faith training and values awareness. In this conversation:
- Developing confidence, when a parent is uncertain whether they are “up to the job”
- Christopher Anderson’s take on parental roles, amid changing social and cultural standards
- Why many are switching to home schooling, and considerations if you might be pondering that
- The vital role of parents and families for students who are in public schools
- How to guide teens in ethical behavior, even if a parent faltered on sinful behavior when they were growing up